Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Day Traditions

New year new blog sounds like a plan eh? I am sure at this very moment hundreds if not thousands of blogs are getting started today! Im not a stranger to blogging but after having four lovely kiddos (with one more on the way!) well something had to give! But I am back at it, truthfully my first blog (which is still up but hasn't been updated in over a year http://artsymomma.blogspot.com) was the best way for me to document my now oldest two growing up.

 So here we go again! This time around family will be in it but it will be a lot more about the DIY projects I do, tips and suggestions for new antique booth/show owners as well as lots of videos (you will find out fast I like to make videos) so there you go! Since formal introductions have been made lets jump in shall we?

 Happy New Years! I have decided to start a new family tradition so I made "famous in my family" grandmothers pancakes which are a cross between german pancakes and crepes. Super easy to make, easiest way make them in a blender, it you don't have a blender a mixer does just fine!

 Grandma's Pancakes: 
 2 cups of milk 
1 1/2 cups of flour  ( I do a mix of 1 cup white flour & 1/2 cup of white wheat flour)
4 eggs 
1/4 cup sugar 
1 tsp salt 
 (I like to add just a bit of vanilla I never measure just put a couple drops in) 

 Blend. I cook them on a medium low to medium heat in a large frying pan seasoned with a bit of butter. Thats it! My preferred method to eating? Spread with homemade jam (throw in some cream cheese if you want to be fancy) and roll those bad boys up and eat with your fingers. Its a messy delight! The kids ate them up (cut up and with forks, they are no fun I tell you!).  And even though they are really flat they are super filling so 1-2 pancakes are normally enough to fill up the kids!










Added to this years tradition, we ate oranges with breakfast, it might not be Chinese New Year but in my hubby's culture oranges bring luck so I figured it was a good tradition to start! There you have it! Does your family have any New Years Eve or Day traditions, share them in the comments I can't wait to get to know you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs