Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Taking lemons and making lemonade


This was not the project I had originally envisioned.  Originally I was just going to make a rectangular sign with my painted mason jar in the middle.  But then this lady here got a little saw happy and cut my plaque too small for the stencil I had already created for the jar!  So then I thought well I will just cut the wood even smaller and make a smaller sign, but then I thought, hey lets play with the jigsaw!


And so that is what I did.  First I white washed the pine board.  I then laid out my stencil and used that as a guide to cut out the jar itself.  Finished it off by painting the jar using Annie Sloan's  Chalk paint and boom a brand new piece!

Is it perfect, not yet but for a big ole "oopsie" I am really happy with this one!  Love it?  Want to see it in person?  If you are near the Madison, WI area I will have this along with lots of other projects I will be sharing soon at an art show called the Craftacular Feb 7th Downtown Madison!  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs